DUI Defense Attorney in Viroqua, WI
DUI Defense Attorney in Viroqua, WI
DUI Defense Attorneys In Viroqua, WI, at Mays Law Office understand that for many individuals, coping with a DUI charge is their first interaction with the state court system. Someone who has been arrested for driving under the influence may be able to share their experience. Problems arise when determining how to respond to such charges in a way that conforms with the laws while suffering the fewest possible penalties.
A conviction for OWI and associated charges like PAC have many implications. Loss of driving privileges, increase in auto insurance rates, and trouble getting into or keeping a job are some of the collateral effects drivers charged with DUI suffer, in addition to financial penalties and legal sanctions. Many clients have come to us for assistance with PAC and OWI cases, and we have been happy to help. Our DUI Defense Attorneys In Viroqua, WI, will fight to protect your rights and freedoms.
Why You Need Skilled DUI Defense Attorneys In Viroqua, WI
An outline of Wisconsin’s drunk driving regulations is provided below:
- OWI is for Operating While Impaired, and PAC stands for Wisconsin’s “Prohibited Alcohol Concentration” laws regarding drunk driving (OWI).
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other substance that causes impairment is illegal.
- It doesn’t matter if a driver’s BAC is over the legal limit or not; an officer can still pull them over and test them if they believe they’ve been drinking and driving. Many drivers who were not, in fact, above the limit for blood alcohol content (BAC) erroneously face DUI charges.
- The legal limit for blood alcohol content is 0.08 percent; if yours is more than that, you will be arrested for DUI and/or PAC.
- Sentences tend to be more severe if a person has a history of driving while intoxicated (DUI) and/or exceeds the legal limit for blood alcohol content (BAC) (PAC).
- Following an arrest for DUI, a person’s driving rights must be suspended by law. Understand that the duration of these bans varies.
It has been proposed to raise the severity of punishment for drunk driving. Penalties for a fifth or succeeding OWI conviction are the same as those for a first offense. The ignitions of the offender’s automobiles may be disabled after a sentence for driving while intoxicated or driving while prohibited. Different cases may have additional costs due to the various aspects at play.
Expert DUI Defense Attorneys In Viroqua, WI
If you don’t ask for a hearing within ten days of your detention, the court will immediately limit your license for six months. This order will take effect far before the hearing ever begins. Never being charged in the past with OWI or PAC does not protect you from having your license suspended. However, we can still try to keep you driving by proving to an administrative suspension judge that the DUI allegations against you are unfounded.
Please update us immediately on any developments that may lead to the suspension or revocation of your license. If you need assistance defending your rights, our attorneys can provide it. We will fight for your right to be treated fairly, no matter how severe the accusations against you may be. As was previously said, you can achieve the best outcomes by contacting us as soon as possible.
You can also drop us a line through this Contact Us form, and our team will contact you to schedule a consultation. You can call the DUI Defense Attorneys in Viroqua, WI, at Mays Law Office at 608-535-4719 and discuss your case details.