DUI Defense Attorney in Racine, WI
DUI Defense Attorney in Racine, WI
Mays Law Office has expert DUI Defense Attorneys In Racine, WI. They are aware that for many people, being accused of driving under the influence is their first encounter with the local legal system. Someone arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs will attest to the difficulty of dealing with the matter. It can be challenging to find a way to handle these claims per the law that imposes the fewest possible fines or repercussions.
There are long-lasting, severe repercussions for a conviction of OWI or similar charges known as banned alcohol concentration (PAC). In addition to fines and jail time, those suspected of drunk driving may also lose their driving privileges, have to pay more for automobile insurance, and have trouble getting into school or finding work. Several individuals have come to us for help with their PAC and OWI cases, and we have resolved their concerns. Our DUI defense attorneys in Racine, WI, will defend your rights and best interests
Why You Need Skilled DUI Defense Attorneys In Racine, WI
You can find an overview of Wisconsin’s DUI regulations here:
- In Wisconsin, drivers can face operating while intoxicated (OWI) or prohibited alcohol concentration (PAC) penalties for driving while impaired (OWI).
- It is against the law to operate a motor vehicle impaired by alcohol, narcotics, or other stimulants.
- Even if your blood alcohol content (BAC) is below the limit in the state, you can still be caught and prosecuted for drunk driving. Many persons are wrongfully charged with DUI with a BAC of 0.08%/less because of the pervasive misconceptions about these laws.
- The legal limit for blood alcohol content is 0.08. Therefore, you risk being detained for OWI and PAC if you have more over that.
- Penalties for OWI and PAC offenses, like time spent behind bars and license suspensions, can be enhanced by a previous conviction.
- An immediate administrative license suspension will occur if you are arrested for driving under the influence. There is a distinction between the durations of these suspensions.
An enhanced penalty for drunk driving may lead to stricter sanctions being enacted. The penalties for a fifth or subsequent OWI conviction are the same as those for a first offense and can be pretty severe. Individuals convicted of operating a vehicle while intoxicated or prohibited may also be required to install ignition locks. Penalties are conditional on several variables, changing widely from one situation to the next.
Expert DUI Defense Attorneys In Racine, WI
If you do not ask for a hearing within ten days of your conviction, the court will automatically suspend your license for 6 months. This limitation will go into force far in advance of the trial. Even if you have never been convicted of OWI or PAC, you still could have your license suspended. Despite this, there is still a chance that we can successfully defend your driving privileges at the administrative suspension session by arguing that the DUI allegations against you are unfounded.
Let us know as soon as possible so we can try to keep your license from being automatically revoked. Our attorneys have you covered if you need help defending your rights and liberties. Do not worry about the severity of the charges against you; we will fight for your right to a fair trial. As previously indicated, we can achieve the best outcomes if you contact us quickly.
You can also drop us a line through this Contact Us form, and our team will contact you to schedule a consultation. You can call the DUI Defense Attorneys in Racine, WI, at Mays Law Office at 608-535-4719 and discuss your case details.