DUI Defense Attorney in Oshkosh, WI
DUI Defense Attorney in Oshkosh, WI
Our DUI Defense Attorneys In Oshkosh, WI, at Mays Law Office has noticed that a DUI charge often represents a client’s initial contact with the legal system for a large number of individuals. Driving under the influence (DUI) charges is scary, and the defense process can be complex and time-consuming. It may be challenging to find a way to handle these allegations and the legal system quickly while also having minimum repercussions.
Consequences could be severe and long-lasting if you are convicted of OWI or the related offense of possessing a PAC (prohibited alcohol concentration). Drunk driving can result in fines, jail time, suspension or revocation of driving privileges, increases in auto insurance premiums, and the inability to enroll in a university or seek employment. We have aided many clients in the past with their OWI and PAC issues. Protecting your rights and best interests is a top priority for our DUI Defense Attorneys In Oshkosh, WI.
Why You Need Skilled DUI Defense Attorneys in Oshkosh, WI
The following are the general classifications of drunk driving charges in Wisconsin:
- In Wisconsin, drunk driving offenses are classified as either operating while intoxicated (OWI) or possessing a prohibited alcohol concentration (PAC).
- For legal purposes, driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other stimulants is illegal.
- A person can be arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) even if their BAC is below the limit. It’s too common for people with low BACs to be wrongly accused of drunk driving.
- However, if your blood alcohol concentration is above the legal limit, you will be arrested for OWI and PAC, which is 0.08 for non-commercial drivers.
- The duration of an individual’s jail time and license suspension for an OWI or PAC conviction is determined by the number of previous offenses.
- A DUI arrest results in an administrative license suspension, but the duration of the suspension can vary.
Increased punishment for driving under the influence could eventually result in more stringent enforcement of existing laws. Offensive driving while intoxicated (OWI) convictions with a felony level of five or higher are treated as felonies and carry mandatory minimum prison sentences of several years. Ignition locks might also be mandated for offenders with a history of OWI or PAC charges.
Expert DUI Defense Attorneys In Oshkosh, WI
The suspension of your driver’s license for six months will take effect unless you request a hearing in under ten days of being found guilty. The defendant will be put on hold until the trial begins. Therefore, even if you were not convicted of OWI or PAC, you could still have your license suspended. On the other hand, we might still be able to defend your driving privileges against the alleged DUI charges at the administrative suspension hearing by relying on any possible defenses. Let us know as soon as possible so we can try to prevent the immediate suspension of your license.
Our attorneys have extensive experience defending clients’ constitutional rights and will vigorously advocate on your behalf. No matter what charges are brought against you, you can rest assured that we will protect your right to a public trial. You can also drop us a line through this Contact Us form, and our team will contact you to schedule a consultation. You can contact the DUI Defense Attorneys in Oshkosh, WI, at Mays Law Office at 608-535-4719 and discuss your case details.